Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Naruto Cake

For my niece's 7th birthday she wanted a Naruto theme. So I found an image of him online and put it on her cake using the good old gel and wax paper transfer trick that I am so fond of. This cake is white confetti cake. I could not decide what color icing to use for the background. I had found some red crystal sprinkles and thought I could ice it in yellow and them use some sprinkles to give it a kind of firey look. Well I forgot to put the sprinkles on before the icing dried and so it was just plain yellow. Then I remembered that his hair is yellow and I thought it would not stand out very well. So I tried to make his hair a little yellower and I outlined it in gray. I also used a star tip to do the hair and that made it stand out and gave it a good spikey look. My husband came up with a great idea to make the writing look nice. He suggested using the gel/wax paper transfer thing and it worked great. He printed off the wording in a font and size we liked and then traced the back and we transferred it to the cake and came out looking just right. I think I will use this idea as often as possible from now on.




This picture shows the dessert sushi my sisters made to go with the cake. They are Rice Krispy treats with Swedish fish and fruit roll-ups. They were pretty fun, I think the kids really enjoyed them.

No comments:

Post a Comment