Wednesday, June 3, 2009

Baby Shower Cake


Here is the cake that I made for my sister's baby shower last November. It was her first girl so she wanted a cake that was really girly looking. We found a cake that was similar to this one at the state fair earlier in the year and took a picture for me to use as inspiration. I ended up doing a different type of flower than the one from the fair but I cannot really remember why. I am sure this flower was much easier to do that must, have been a big part of it. But I think it also had something to do with not having the right tip to make the other kind. This cake was a chocolate cake so I was pretty proud of the lack of crumbs showing on the white icing. I am pretty sure I used Wilton tip #224 to make these flowers and just put a little dot of white in the middle to make it a flower. The border is done with Wilton tip #21 which is just the star tip. That was something I learned in my cake making class but I don't think you would have to take a class to figure it out. I put white dots all over it probably with tip #3 I think. One thing that I did wrong was you are supposed to let pressure off at a certain point when making the dots and kind of twist the bag a little so the dots don't look pointy but as you can clearly see from the picture I was too lazy to do this so I ended up with some pretty pointy dots. But my sister really loved this cake I think it was exactly what she had in mind. That is one thing I love about making cakes for people, even it they don't come out perfect or totally professional looking people usually just love them because I cared enough to take the time to make it; and I think I do occasionally surprise people with how nice they come out.

No comments:

Post a Comment