Thursday, May 28, 2009

My husband's Mizzou cake

Here is the cake I made for my husband's 25th birthday. I told him to request anything he wanted. I kind of wanted a challenge. He requested a Mizzou tiger cake to celebrate his love of our alma mater University of Missouri. To make this cake I printed a picture of the tiger head. Then I had it enlarged to the right proportions (the size of 9 by 13 cake pan.) Then I baked a marble cake (which was also his request but I am glad he thought of it because when you cut into it, it looked like tiger stripes) in a rectangular cake pan and iced it white. Then I used gel to trace the picture (which, by the way, I traced onto the back so that when I transfered it the tiger would be facing the right way) onto wax paper. Then I tranfered it to the cake. I used a star tip to fill in the colors. There was a lot of detail so I was really surprised that it came out so well. Here is one more picture of it a little closer up.

No comments:

Post a Comment